During COVID-19, JRS Australia continues supporting, advocating for and serving refugees, people seeking asylum and migrants in vulnerable situations. Many women, children and men are still struggling as the pandemic continues in 2020. You can help in the following ways:
(1) Giving to our COVID-19 Spring Appeal. Thanks to your support, in the last 6 months, our COVID-19 safe JRS Refugee Foodbank has so far delivered 6,773 grocery parcels.
Your help also allows us to continue providing food, specialist casework support, employment support, emergency payments and assisting women seeking protection who are experiencing violence.
(2) Give to Foodbank. Essential food and hygiene items can be donated to JRS Australia’s foodbank (pictured left). Thanks to people like you, 840 people receive essential food from this service each and every week. A list of needed items is listed here (PDF). To maximize social distancing and safety measures, a range of drop-off points are located around Sydney and the greater-Sydney region. Find a drop-off point near you by clicking the PDF here.
Please note, the JRS Westmead Community Space is not open on Fridays, so to drop off food at this location, please do so between Mondays and Thursdays.
(3) Volunteer with us! We need people to pack food, act as drivers, and make phone calls.
People coming forward in the crisis has been invaluable in ensuring people are fed in COVID-19.
To join our friendly and amazing volunteer-team, please call (02) 9098 9336 or email email@example.com
Please note, that the current COVID-19 crisis means that we cannot currently accept volunteers in high-risk age/health demographics. We look forward to welcoming you to our team in better times, and also reconnecting with our much valued volunteers who have been forced to step back during this period.
(4) Signing the Catholic petition to leave no one behind during COVID-19.
(5) Following JRS Australia on Facebook and Twitter for updates on the situation for refugees and people seeking asylum and our response. Sharing our posts is appreciated and more helpful than you know. You can also subscribe to our newsletter by the form at the bottom of this page to stay up-to-date on all our events, advocacy efforts and other important news and ways to help.
Once again, the JRS Australia team thank you for walking with refugees, people seeking asylum at migrants in vulnerable situations. In this challenging and precarious year, it means the world to us and to the people that we serve. We thank you. Please stay safe,
Stay in touch:
Newsletter! Please fill out your name and email below with the message “subscribe” to keep up to date with we are doing to promote the dignified living of refugees & people seeking asylum during COVID-19.
Read more. Read about the impact COVID-19 is having on these women, children and men and how we are responding — and have responded — by reading the latest edition of our quarterly publication LINK (PDF) here. Our Spring Appeal also shows the challenges facing people in the pandemic and how your help is so important.