Work with us.
Thank you for your interest in working with JRS! We seek volunteers and staff who share our vision of serving, accompanying and advocating for the rights of refugees, people seeking asylum and other forcibly displaced people and who are prepared for its often challenging and complex tasks.
Essential qualities of JRS staff members and volunteers include maturity, considerable flexibility of temperament and a capacity to understand refugees and their circumstances without losing objectivity. Additionally, staff and volunteers must have a:
- commitment to training others
- capacity for teamwork and community living
- precise professional expertise
- commitment to human rights, equality and non-discriminatory practices
JRS volunteers and staff may come from diverse backgrounds and different walks of life.
- SGBV Caseworker (Part time; 0.8 FTE). Applications close COB Friday, 17th July 2020. Please note: The JRS Centre considers being a woman a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s.31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW). Please click here for more information.
- Caseworker (Intake focused) (Part time; 0.6 FTE). Applications close COB Friday, 17th July 2020. Please click here for more information.
During COVID-19, JRS Australia would really value the help of more volunteers in various roles surrounding our JRS foodbank that delivers food to people seeking asylum and refugees. For more details, please email our JRS Volunteers Coordinator, Jane Turner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest!